7 Layered Seahorse

Another fun design added to my growing list. This multi-layered Seahorse measuring 18.5" in height by 9" wide was made with 1/4" maple, walnut, mahogany plywood, and 1/8" white MDF that I spray-painted blue on the last layer. With a more open concept compared to my others, I found a reason to use my new 1/8" white MDF for the last layer.

I’m not an excellent painter, but I would really like to see a variety of painted versions that others create, just as I received with my turtle design.

Hope you enjoy and happy weekend everyone. :slight_smile:

61 Likes

Nice work! Diving since '84, I really like the theme. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This is beautiful!

2 Likes

That may be my favorite of yours - the blue in the back brings it all to the surface!

4 Likes

Thank you.

This is gorgeous, your work is always amazing, I love it!

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Since '84? (Newbie…) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Absolutely beautiful!!! How long did this take you?

2 Likes

I’ll bet we would have a lot to talk about over a beer.

2 Likes

The design process was actually pretty quick on this one. Maybe somewhere around 6-7 hours from start to finish for designing, then another couple for cutting and gluing.

2 Likes

Wow, that is beautiful! such detail and so delicate. Personally, I’d be tempted to snug-fit clear acrylic in to the front frame layer, protect the little bits and keep the dust out. Amazing design work, I love it!

5 Likes

what word could I use to describe this beauty that I haven’t used on one of your previous works……:thinking:… I got nuthin’. Great job

3 Likes

I just purchased your file. THANK YOU so much! It is absolutely stunning! I just got my Glowforge and trying to learn. My I ask where you purchase you material to make this?

1 Like

If you look in the instructions file you’ll see what type of wood I use, where I get it, and a Internet address all included.

2 Likes

Thank you so very much!

1 Like

This has to be my favorite layered design I have seen yet. Trying to think where I might want to place it so I have an excuse to make it.

8 Likes

Wow…that’s a lot going on. Every time i look at it I see something new. Beautiful project.

2 Likes

Beautiful seahorse!! Love the blue!

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning!

1 Like