A Busy Day in the Art Room

I love the weekends! The weekends are for Glowforging!

And getting ready for the Halloween Craft Markets.

I’m not sure where the affinity for tic-tac-toe comes from, but I can’t seem to stop coming up with new ideas for game boards. This Halloween-themed, Skull & Crossbones tic-tac-toe was a blast to make.

In keeping with the Halloween theme, I came up with this coffin box. It will be the draw prize at one of the markets.

And just because I love making them, another D&D Dice Box. The chain detail is so fun!

Tomorrow, Tarot Card Boxes are on the agenda. And I have an order for a book box. Thank goodness for boxes.py!

33 Likes

Wow, busy day indeed! Really fun designs, and I’m sure will be loved by many!!

4 Likes

Love the coffin!

5 Likes

The tic tac toe is great!

3 Likes

Thank you, @bansai8creations!

Thank you, @ChristyM! It was a bit fussy to put together, but it turned out not too bad. The felt lining hid all the inner flaws! LOL

1 Like

Thank you, @bkressley!

1 Like

Looks like you had a great weekend! Some really great projects!

1 Like

I’m very curious how you cut the angles for the coffin? I have someone asking me if I can make coffins but I haven’t been able to figure out how to cut those angles yet

1 Like

@techquest89 the coffin is made out of stacked layers. I haven’t tried it yet, but you can cut angles by removing the crumb tray and using a jig to support the piece you are cutting.

1 Like

That is a fantastic idea that I hadn’t thought about!

1 Like

There are tutorials on YouTube. I don’t have the links, but I have seen them there. It involves a bit of math!

1 Like