A Congratulatory Gift for my Daughter

She was voted “Small Businessperson of the Year” by a business networking outfit for her work with the non-profit cafe she manages - FoCo Cafe (Feeding our Community ourselves). One of the 1,000 token jobs I did.
She received a certificate from them, but I felt a need to “do it up”.

3/4" red oak deeply engraved with the cafe logo and her title engraved (in the back) of thick green glass acrylic mounted with stand-offs.
My phone camera doesn’t do the greenish color of the acrylic justice, it looks just like leaded glass.
Thanks here to a friend in Colorado Springs (@curt) for gifting me the acrylic, I really like this stuff!

Since I’m here blowing her horn, I’ll throw this in also…

She earned her Masters in social work, and the accolades are stacking! She was invited to speak regarding her work in the community. :sunglasses:

Yeah, her parents are pretty pumped! :star_struck:

57 Likes

You should be! Good for her! :champagne:

2 Likes

Ow! Man, that button that just flew off your shirt hit me in the eye over here in Texas! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
(And you’ve got the right! Congrats to your gal! Sounds like the apple didn’t fall far from the tree.)

5 Likes

Wonderful! I thought it was a Tsunami warning but the horn must have been you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Guilty, sorry! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Holy smokes, she did a TED talk!?! Yeah, I’d say that merits a special award. And yours is pretty special!

3 Likes

sooo cool, I like the way you mixed the two materials together, flawless. Where did you get those screws/bolts that attach the wood to the acrylic?

1 Like

This is SO cool…and so important. I’m tickled to see what you made and to see your lovely daughter. (PS…I LOVE the glass green, too)

1 Like

Congrats on both a stellar job on the gift and an awesome young lady giving back to her community. :clap:

1 Like

Super congrats to the both of you! I clicked on the picture thinking it was the video of the TED talk… It should have been.

2 Likes

I used These. There are others that include the mounting screws.

What a wonderful event for her … and I can understand how proud you are!

Beautiful way to congratulate her!

3 Likes

Beautiful award for a well deserving young woman! I taught my children to be involved in their community and it serves them well! Congratulations!

2 Likes