A Congratulatory Gift for my Daughter

She was voted “Small Businessperson of the Year” by a business networking outfit for her work with the non-profit cafe she manages - FoCo Cafe (Feeding our Community ourselves). One of the 1,000 token jobs I did.
She received a certificate from them, but I felt a need to “do it up”.

3/4" red oak deeply engraved with the cafe logo and her title engraved (in the back) of thick green glass acrylic mounted with stand-offs.
My phone camera doesn’t do the greenish color of the acrylic justice, it looks just like leaded glass.
Thanks here to a friend in Colorado Springs (@curt) for gifting me the acrylic, I really like this stuff!

Since I’m here blowing her horn, I’ll throw this in also…

IMG_20190309_162605415

She earned her Masters in social work, and the accolades are stacking! She was invited to speak regarding her work in the community. :sunglasses:

Yeah, her parents are pretty pumped! :star_struck:

56 Likes

You should be! Good for her! :champagne:

2 Likes

Ow! Man, that button that just flew off your shirt hit me in the eye over here in Texas! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
(And you’ve got the right! Congrats to your gal! Sounds like the apple didn’t fall far from the tree.)

5 Likes

Wonderful! I thought it was a Tsunami warning but the horn must have been you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Guilty, sorry! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Holy smokes, she did a TED talk!?! Yeah, I’d say that merits a special award. And yours is pretty special!

3 Likes

sooo cool, I like the way you mixed the two materials together, flawless. Where did you get those screws/bolts that attach the wood to the acrylic?

1 Like

This is SO cool…and so important. I’m tickled to see what you made and to see your lovely daughter. (PS…I LOVE the glass green, too)

1 Like

Congrats on both a stellar job on the gift and an awesome young lady giving back to her community. :clap:

1 Like

Super congrats to the both of you! I clicked on the picture thinking it was the video of the TED talk… It should have been.

2 Likes

I used These. There are others that include the mounting screws.

What a wonderful event for her … and I can understand how proud you are!

Beautiful way to congratulate her!

3 Likes

Beautiful award for a well deserving young woman! I taught my children to be involved in their community and it serves them well! Congratulations!

2 Likes