I haven’t posted much lately, so I figured I would post a few projects I was working on lately.
A friend of mine is a avid baker. She decided she wanted to start branding her stuff and asked me if I could make her a stamp to mark some tea towels with, which she uses to wrap around breads she gives to her friends.
I, of coarse said yes… for the price of baked goods!
I decided to make a prototype first out of Draftboard. It came out great!
Compared to the original design.
Final product! Worked great!
I’m planning on making a new version using linoleum instead. I would have taken pictures of the baked goods I received, but they didn’t last long enough.
My Sister wanted me to engrave a picture of her boyfriends dog for Christmas.
Hmm, I had some Sapele Ply that would look great! But the engraving won’t have the right coloring. I know, I’ll use it as a frame and engrave on a lighter wood!
While I could have looked for stoke SVGs to use, I decided I wanted to make my own in inkscape, because I want to learn this program more.
This is what I ended up with. Medium Maple Ply back, Sapele Doghouse, Maple Veneer name.
…Shhh, it’s the 17th, I don’t think she gave it to him yet, so no one tell.
My cousin (who I’m this close to convincing they need a Glowforge of there own) asked if I could help her with a secret santa gift. She wanted to magnet made of there cat. I said sure! She gave me a rough sketch of what she wanted.
(Yes, the cat’s name is Kitty.)
Again, I took the opportunity to play around with Inkscape some more. I used the Pattern Along Path function for the border, which I never used before. Then I found an excellent Youtube tutorial on how to make the ribbon (I’ll post a link at the bottom). Overall, I learned a bunch, and it came out great!
Here is the end result. I used Medium Maple Ply. It turned out great!
I press fit some neodimium magnets. I screwed up the depth a little, so they are slightly proud, but still works!
The only modification I have is I did not use his method of curving the text. I used Text Along Path instead.