A good use for Scrap

:smile: Chuckle! I occasionally use the little hedgies for squee - the guys tend to use the little Simpsons character because we decided a while back that fellas needed a way to express squee without looking as silly as I do. :grinning::wink:

5 Likes

I am secure enough in my masculinity to squeee, I just have a higher threshold. :grin:

5 Likes

Perhaps we need to design a laserable squee meter. …Things that make you go hmmm

3 Likes

Hmmmmmm:wink:

How are you able to cut all the way to the edge? My machine (I’ve only had it a week and am a total newbie) leaves about a 1" or more margin around the edges.

1 Like

As you have learned, there is a margin that is not reachable.
I got in the habit of measuring my design and cutting the board down to fit so I could use all the material.

That larger pieces you see, two of those make a full sheet.

1 Like

The margin changes depending upon the content of the design. If it is a raster design, that will make the grey curtains larger because the head needs to slow down a bit on the sides to ensure it doesn’t crash. It grows or shrinks depending on the speed of the engrave. You will always have less than 20 inches, but a straight cut will give you the largest workable area.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation.

1 Like