A long, long time ago

I pondered the possibility of a time-release masking.

While not exactly time-release, this is even more practical, I do believe.

10 Likes

Don’t you hate it when someone invents what you thought of first?

I invented the Flowbee when I was 15 years old and playing with my dad’s shop vac. I just couldn’t figure out how to get the haircut scissors inside the hose. Ah, well. Missed opportunities.

12 Likes

Sticky notes and paper clips are two other simple inventions that made millions… Oh well…

4 Likes

and Wite-Out

4 Likes

When I was 10 (1963) I built intermittent windshield wipers for my dad’s truck. At the time they didn’t exist anywhere that I knew of. A few years years later ('69, I think) they started showing up on Ford cars. Robert Kearns later sued Ford and Chrysler & won millions. His patents were filed in 67 .

No, I didn’t get any patents :slight_smile:

7 Likes

As a young kid I am looking at a water skier and thought how cool it would be to just put the skis on the boat! Well that was invented 50 years before you were born.

I am sitting there doing 3d printing by hand and wondering if someday a machine might do it, nah that would be crazy!

Wow what if you could put D&D as interactive on a computer. I asked this of my sister’s SO while they were principals in D&Ds main competition T&T. Nah I was told, it would take many times more memory and speed then computers had at that point. And they would all have to be connected somehow.

3 Likes

Reallly! That’s what George Clooney uses to cut his hair. I just read an article about it

4 Likes

Here’s an incredibly useless piece of trivia that’d be good for the win in Final Jeopardy - What was Invented by the mother of Mike Nesmith, guitarist for the 1970s band and TV show “The Monkees”?

3 Likes

And white out. Remember that? Invented by one of the Monkees mothers.

3 Likes

She invented Liquid Paper— a direct competitor to Wite-Out (aka White Out)

More Monkees trivia- Ensign Chekhov in ST:TOS was added to the crew and modeled after Davy Jones to attract a younger audience. Walter König had short hair when cast and wore a wig for his first season.

I can’t remember where I put my keys, but this stuff I remember. 🤦🏻

11 Likes

Yeah. I always say I have a mind like a steel sieve. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The tough time would be the person who invented the spiral slide rule that could get two more decimal points more than any normal slide rule and gets it out just at the time digital calculators are hitting the market :sob:

4 Likes

I watched that on a Sunday morning program. I still can’t get it out of my head!

And, don’t forget Velcro

3 Likes

Apparently Velcro was a top secret government material for some years before it went public. I saw and interview with a US spy in Russia that got out just as they were coming for her and said that sewn in or glued velcro allowed you to quickly hide stuff in your clothes where nobody would think to look.

3 Likes

There was an article in daily mail online this morning where he proved he used it. But admitted his assistant did all the work.:sweat_smile:

not just masking. what about temporary adhesive to hold objects together while you work on them? leather pieces you’re stitching. things you’re screwing together or nailing up.

2 Likes

That’s because it came from aliens. A time traveling, cash strapped Vulcan lady to be exact.

2 Likes

Totally. A ton of uses!

Reads like water based plastics.
Sitting in the house they last forever.
Put into sunlight and they decompose.
This glue just needs some tweaking to lower the heat threshold required.

2 Likes