A mixed bag of stuff

Something that might be helpful with small projects…

I sometimes have more than one project going at a time and because my studio space is SO small, I’ve been using these kids placemats, which are really cheap and ugly, to keep each things organized. They are rigid enough that I can move the mats around easily without disrupting any stuff on them, but are also flexible enough so any small bits can be dumped into the trash by just taco’ing the tray. As I finish one project, I can stow the tray away vertically and out of the way. Don’t have to care if paint or glue gets on them and keeps a mess off my desk. Great for doing glue work or painting things. They come 4 to a package on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Argee-That-Tray-Raised-Sides/dp/B0031TTNMI/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1548797595&sr=8-27&keywords=placemats+for+kids

And, on another note, made my second sale to a newly opened small florist/gift shop in our town. Depending on how well they sell, I’m sure she will order more of different designs. These small pins are inspired by the old-fashioned candy conversation hearts that show up around Valentines Day. Used paint pens and resin on PG Maple ply.

The owners husband also so happens to own the newest dispensary in town, so she asked what I could do to show her husband what he might like for his new section of gifts and doodads for potheads. :wink: :smile:

So, hopefully I can make yet another sale there. Sure not in it for the money, but this is amazingly fun.

35 Likes

Lovely work! I really like the cards, I bought some cardstock similar to it.

Was getting ready for Valentines sales and Phoenix bite the dust…
Now trying to find out about the warranty replacement process…

4 Likes

Thank you. I’ve been trying different kinds of card stock. The really high quality looking stuff doesn’t look as well lasered as does some of the less expensive stuff.

I’m sorry you’ll have to be without your Glowforge. Only saving grace is that the GF support team is so excellent it helps alleviate some of the pain.

Hope you’re back up and running very soon.

4 Likes

Your pins are adorable! Very nice job on them, including the color-coordinated card display.

And thanks for the tip on the kids trays–looks pretty handy!

4 Likes

Very cute pins and I need to find me some taco trays! :sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes

Very nice work, I need to try some of the card stock in the future.

3 Likes

Well Done @Xabbess! Impressive Grandma you are. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

When I first read this I thought “they make trays just for tacos?” and then I realized you meant you could fold it in half and then the little bits would slide down the channel and out the pointy end into the trash :smile:

4 Likes

:grin: Well…there’s nothing saying you couldn’t load them up with tacos, too!

plus 2 points for verbing taco.

7 Likes

A taco’d taco

6 Likes

Nice work, nice tips.

2 Likes

Congratulations on the order! That’s so wonderful!

I especially like the pins for her husband’s shop … Thinking they’ll be sold quickly.

1 Like

There are indeed taco stands…

7 Likes

or…

images

6 Likes

Now I want tacos! :taco: :taco: :taco:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.