A Napkin Holder at first, then it transformed

So I set out to design a napkin holder, not what most would work on but hey I am a simple man. But what started out as a napkin holder turned into so much more. As it came off the Glowforge I started playing with the parts, I couldn’t figure out what I wanted to do with the ends. Then I saw it could hold mail or other things, then I noticed the pieces I made for the ends could move to the middle and create dividers. So now it’s a multi-use organizer, use it for Napkins, or Mail, or as a desk organizer with dividers. Never stop designing I guess!! I am sure I will create a 2.0 of this design, LOL. Let me know what you think.

96 Likes

Wonderful design. I love the variations and possibilities. Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

Your artistic eye and your design skills are amazing…then there’s the implementation…which is on yet another wonderful level.

5 Likes

These iterations are really gorgeous, and the perfect use of a living hinge (aka unmoving!). The 2nd one with the pens and paper looks very handy!

3 Likes

Thank you so much, I have really enjoyed designing pieces with Glow forge. I wish I could do more often. I have relegated myself to only doing it on the weekend. I have tasked myself with coming up with 2 new designs a weekend which is a fun challenge all in itself.

10 Likes

Those look wonderful. Great job.

3 Likes

That is really a cool design!
My son also agrees who is sitting here, and he wants you to glowforge one of the peanuts. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Excellent. Thinking outside the box. :thinking:

4 Likes

Cool design for your range! They look stunning :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow just wow!!! I absolutely love this!!!

Are you selling the file? I will purchase —-if available!!! Please take my money!!!

UPDATE—Just purchased from your ETSY store. The assembly instruction page is beyond perfection. Keep designing you are going to be a very successful SVG designer.

6 Likes

Fabulous marriage of form and function. Great job! I am a fan of anything with living hinges. :slight_smile: I think the 2nd one is my fav. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Your designs are so classy! This one fits in with all the others, and I love it.

3 Likes

With your experience and weekday business I would bet that the Glowforge will integrate itself very quickly to make it something you use almost every day :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Versatile!

2 Likes

These are all lovely and thoughtfully curated. The whole set would make a wonderful addition to the catalog - have you considered submitting?

3 Likes

I think it not only looks great, but as you said, the designs are endless! I love the different end designs (which are also endless) and the divided one. Great job!!

3 Likes

Gorgeous!!

1 Like

This looks great. I had purchased your sleigh but haven’t gotten around to cutting it yet!! You have quite a knack at this!

2 Likes

Super appealing form with great function.

I do have to ask how your living hinges are doing? I note that you are doing them across the grain. Makes sense with the upright side panel orienting the grain up.

I’ve had problems doing living hinges in some materials unless I cut the slits parallel with the grain.

In any case, it looks perfect.

3 Likes

I haven’t had a problem yet but thanks for the advice. I will have to examine that. Thank You!!