A proper application for Comic Sans

Okay, so it’s a combo plate of maggots, worms and larvae.

1 Like

It’s not my place to tell you what to eat. You are free to continue eating “normal”, boring, brown potatoes.

Or maggots.

2 Likes

I’m big on Yukon Gold or baby red potatoes. Lots of butter or olive oil & garlic. :fries:

Or Cheez Whiz smothering a baked russet :rofl:

3 Likes

LOL…just this weekend I told my friends I could eat the :poop: out of Yukon Gold potatoes! Butter and garlic…Mmmm Hmmm :wink:

2 Likes

Big starchy russets for soups, fries, and rosti; waxy heirlooms/YG/BRPs for boiled/steaming, e.g. raclette. :wink:

i bet you can’t pronounce half the compounds in a natural potato. chemicals aren’t scary. bad chemicals are scary.

i grew some reds last year that made wonderful fingerlings; when split and roasted, however, they 100% looked like sausages.

1 Like

I’ll give you that. I’m not a boiled/steam potato consumer. :slightly_smiling_face: :fries:

Give me a list of the compounds in a natural potato and I will tell you whether or not I would take you up on that bet. But I wasn’t talking about naturally occurring chemical compounds in my statement, I was talking specifically about artificial colors.

All chemicals are scary! Life Kills! We’re all gonna die!
lol.

But seriously, some of the most popular colorants like Blue #1, Yellow #5 & #6, and especially Red # 40 (say Disodium 6-hydroxy-5-[(2-methoxy-5-methyl-4-sulfophenyl)azo]-2-naphthalenesulfonate five times quickly :wink:) are what I would consider to be “bad chemicals”. YVMV. I try to avoid them in general, but it can be difficult… especially when it comes to Lucky Charms :star::rainbow::shamrock:!

5 Likes

The potato people at my local farmers market have lots of great varieties. We usually buy a particular type of purple ones for baking but for steaming or frying there are a number of different varieties we get depending on what we feel like. Red, purple, white, yellow, brown… they all have their uses. :slight_smile:

They have one that has a mixture of purple and yellow on its skin that’s quite popular around here during basketball season (particularly if the Lakers are doing well).

If we have to buy potatoes at the supermarket we usually get the Yukon Gold; it’s a good all-purpose potato that can be used for most things as it’s somewhere in between the waxy and starchy types and it has a good buttery flavor.

1 Like

Here’s a few that fast food places love:
hydroxyl acid
dihydrogen monoxide
hydrogen hydroxide

It’s disgusting what the law allows these places to feed us these days.

5 Likes

“Water, water everywhere, yet not a drop to drink.”

6 Likes

There is nothing like a made from scratch dihydrogen monoxide. Fast food places just wrecked it. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

sure, which is perhaps reasonable, but no need to paint all “unpronounceable chemicals” with the same broad brush. some of my - and no doubt yours - favorite flavors are big fat chemicals with all kinds of functional groups hanging on.

fair enough

You need to find a better source of potatoes if there’s :poop: in them…

7 Likes