A sign for our new camper

Sorry to hear about the damage. Speaking as an antique myself, it’s just been given a little character. But I’m sure your daughter won’t see it that way.

4 Likes

They probably thought you intentionally attacked the car several thousand times with a ballpeen hammer.

4 Likes

There’s a lot to it. :slight_smile: Our family has been through a lot in the past 4 years and one awesome thing during that period was getting her this camper. So it isn’t so much how she sees it. (She has Down syndrome and only sees the good in everything, doesn’t complain about the past even though she spent over 2 years in leukemia treatment getting poked and prodded and made to feel horribly sick.) It’s more about what she deserves and what we have missed out on, and all of those emotional things that we struggle with as parents of a cancer survivor. She’s truly the most amazing and best person I know in the whole world.

If this was just something we had purchased on our own, I think we would see it quite differently…

6 Likes

I can certainly understand the family wanting the camper to be perfect. She does deserve it and deserve is honestly a word that I detest and rarely use. If it was a different time I would come buy the pinged one off of you. I love its character!

2 Likes

I realize adorable is not a word you would likely use but it really is downright adorable! Great job.

4 Likes

Good news! The camper isn’t totaled! We just need to call and schedule the repair. Thank goodness for good insurance! :heart:
Now I need to work on a replacement sign! :wink:

4 Likes

That is great news. I hope you get to share very happy times together in this wonderful gift of a vehicle.

1 Like