A Sign to Speak Volumes

If using the Glowforge to express ourselves is a thing, then this is a perfect example of this. I come from a multiracial family, and have started one. The current events have made me feel as though I had to make something to show where I stand. This isn’t a political post, so if you’ve got something political to say about it, keep it to yourself.

32 Likes

What about purple people? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
jk (image is not photoshopped btw if you never seen him before)

Really nice work on the sign. Are the hands painted or an inlay? The 2 level effect is really nice as well, great design all around.

2 Likes

Wow is that his skin color!?

Three parts to this piece. A base Baltic that was engraved for the two top pieces to be inlayed. The middle is painted/stained utility board from Home Depot, outside is white MDF, also found at Home Depot. I did an interesting combination that was accidental for the blue outlines, which was a base layer of blue sharpie that was darker than I wanted, so I decided to paint over it with white, intending to just color directly on the white. The paint wicked some of the blue up and made it this color, which I really enjoyed. So I found a new technique for the future!

3 Likes

I really like that blue border even tho it was accidental. Yeah that’s his skin color but he is actually caucasian. His skin is blue from ingesting colloidal silver as a health tonic and maybe he applied it to his skin as well but yeah turned him blue :). waiting for a generation of kids to adopt it to freak out their parents lol :crossed_fingers: .

4 Likes

I believe it was Animal House where they put Methylene Blue crystals in the shower head of their adversary turning her a quite permanent blue (for a few weeks). Folks who have fought fish tank diseases are quite familiar with the effects. (Notably a bit different than the movie Avatar and the Marvel movies where the blue is different. )

3 Likes

Beautifully designed and turned out fantastic.

1 Like

I like this for so many reasons.

1 Like

Oh, this is just gorgeous! You did a stellar job on it.

1 Like

They were all eaten…

2 Likes