So, I went to test my first slate engrave. I planned a coaster with an image background and text foreground. I even planned for the image reversing (dark to light) from engraving slate.
Round 1: I planned everything right on the image size, but messed up the text colors.
Round 2: I got the text color right, but not quite enough to make it pop.
Round 3: Larger text, slight movement of components, and outlined the text for higher contrast. Pop! future versions might have slightly thicker outline to pop more. I’ve sold 2 of these, and have an order for 1 more along with 3 custom, 2 of which I will be able to reuse for many customers to come. Setting up Etsy and Youtube before the end of the weekend, I hope. Paying jobs, here I come.