A Thank You!

23 Likes

In my defense, I was young and naive. But you are welcome.

13 Likes

Aren’t we all still? :wink: :smile:

6 Likes

Not so young anymore, but probably still pretty naive.

7 Likes

That is just gorgeous! How on earth did you pull that one off?

3 Likes

Google. :innocent: :blush:

2 Likes

That is some google fu! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

definitely can relate to that.

2 Likes

Heh. My husband tricked his parents into signing permission for him to enlist when he was 17. They thought he was going to some sort of military summer camp, not signing up for 4 years. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Lovely, thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you for the wishes on this Veterans Day 2020. I was told by a friend’s father (member of the draft board) that if I had a choice I should make it. My number would be up on a month or so. Went to see the Navy recruiter who had gone to lunch, but the Air Force guy was in his office…

8 Likes

Yes, we owe many thanks to our veterans!

Yesterday I was explaining Veteran’s Day to my 6-year-old Grandson and practiced America the Beautiful for Zoom Assembly.

Part of his day’s lessons … they read a book about what Veteran’s Day means, and then drew and colored a flag to share. One of my favorite days of virtual learning.

(No worries, we still read and studied spiders, lots of math, phonics and writing).

4 Likes

They are out there right now, far from home scattered across the planet, standing ready to step into harm’s way or lend a helping hand.

I am grateful for the life lessons, discipline, and introduction to other cultures. Yes, I served, but as a young naive “long hair” I got much more in return.

Thank you for the acknowledgement, but it is I who owe thanks. It was an honor, one of the best things I’ve ever been a part of.

5 Likes

I worked with a guy who read every word of every document he ever signed. I worked with him before the Internet/software and its EULAs were a thing. Whenever someone got antsy with him, his standard reply was, “the last time I signed something without reading it I ended up in the Army for four years.”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.