A Variety of GF projects this month


#1

Here are some pics of a variety of projects I have been working on

First up are some rubber stamps for the parachute shop at the WWII Airborne Demonstration Team.
After getting the military placard font from another GF owner I was able to finish a pyrotechnics controller, and several marking placards for projects that were in the shop. When the aircraft mechanics saw those, the asked if I could make some replacement engine fuel tank switch placards for a 1940’s vintage C-47 Dakota.
The placards are all done on .018" aluminum sheeting.This is the original 75 year old placard, and the GF reproductions

Finally, I made a few more of the miniature apple blossom cutouts that will be filled with a tinted epoxy to make small pins for our ladies auxiliary.


#2

Who would have ever thought that all these decades later a "home hobbyist " could make a replacement… with a fricken LASER!


#3

Too cool and diverse!


#4

Mind blown on the detail of those flowers. Holy cow


#5

Oh, like the little pins! :grinning:


#6

All of them are fantastic ! Please post a pic of the pins again when they are epoxy filled ! Would love to see them finished!


#7

I’m a bit obsessed with aluminum “Makers Mark” plates myself. I made several attempts to do them on the glowforge, but I was not able to produce the results you achieved on Aluminum. I got decent results with powdercoat on Aluminum, but I went with a direct photo emulsion process followed by electroetching to produce my new business cards.


#8

You’ve got quite a variety of projects! Please do share the final pins with the epoxy - I’d love to see how they turn out.