A week of emotions

Hi everybody,

This week were full of emotions for me and Glowforge was a big part of it.

After the next update, I have been closed to throw in the towel. I don’t pick up on the reason. Everybody knows and it is not the point.

The point is the emotions that my potential renouncement reveals. Alternately, I feel interrogative, confident, then doubtfull, scared, desparate, resigned, little depressed and finally a little “liberated, released” (NB : those last words are french version “let it go, let it go” in frozen song. Don’t thanks me for the melody in your mind for the day ;))).

I can’t say that my feelings get back to normal but it makes me think abouthow important become a tool (a quite magic tool but a tool) in my life. I have put so many dreams, thoughts, passion, works, sweat, future prospects…that week was intense.

I think I’m not the only one to think this way.

A french band sigs a song, “despair, hangover and ecstasy”. I feel that way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAXmgId3NTQ

Have a good day.

Marc

22 Likes

whereabouts in france are you?

Lorient, in Brittany. Just in frnt of the US.

3 Likes

ah nice, its the one region i haven’t really been through. i went to school in montpellier for a few months.

1 Like

So much better understand what the overseas orders are grappling with these days. I know the whole Proofgrade utility is not as big as a draw given shipping concerns. And then the tube drama. Couple that with the horror of import duties and brokerage and all the other aspects.

The calculus of ownership is so different for you all. Wish I could just say that the Glowforge is worth all that and more. I certainly think it has the potential. It just does what I want it to. Every time! Wish I could spend a few days knocking out some new designs. Just takes so much time. But I engraved a cutting board this evening for my brother-in-law and sister. It turned out great. Logo of their home brew label. Mission accomplished!

12 Likes