Ability to delete objects from interface

Good Night, it would be immensely useful to be able to delete objects from the interface. Choosing ignore just clutters up the file with artifacts that I don’t need.

You can, just select and hit delete…

2 Likes

What you can also do is make a working copy on the Dashboard, then feel free to delete or whatever you want from inside the copy. That way you still have one intact.

1 Like

Ok figured that out. How about this? Once you quit a design, go back to the last design you were working on so you can rename it to reflect what you did?

This “Show more” can be problematic when updating design files. Especially when it’s an old file.

Yes, not sure what you have tried but as others just said, selecting the objects within the layout space and hitting delete removes them. I’m guessing that you are trying to delete them from the left side of that page. That might be easier if you have a bunch of instances of that object but in most cases I prefer the current capability.

Keep in mind that if you delete, resize or move an object it will be saved that way the next time the design is opened. A lot of people don’t make design copies and then complain that objects are gone or changed.

2 Likes

I’ve done that prior to playing with a design, its more about renaming a file that I modified in process and then getting back to it with out “show more”

As Olie North stated " I have no recollection" or further back " it was an inoperative statement" …:sunglasses:

Yes its the left side of the page. I’ve used copy when I knew I was making changes. But it’s a pain to find the last project I worked on and rename it to reflect the changes.

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll make sure the team gets them. I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other suggestions, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!