Achievement Unlocked

Holy snaps, I love this so much. My husband is a mountain of a man and we were talking about how none of the cloth masks I make fit him… so now I’m think he needs a badass leather mask instead.

I’ve got some bellies that I bought a while back from Tandy that will do nicely I think.

You did a wonderful job!

3 Likes

Just realized I purchased a bag pattern from this same guy recently. He mentioned that it wasn’t for laser cutters, so I took that as challenge accepted.

3 Likes

She’s got the look!

2 Likes

Mad Max 2 Mad Max 1

1 Like

Love it. How did you get the pattern into glowforge? It came in like a hot mess just adding it myself

Yeah, you have to get around the file security so you can separate the pages. On a Mac you can just open the PDF and then export it as PDF and the new one won’t be locked.

4 Likes

Many of the DieselpunkRo files say they are meant for manual work, not laser cutting. Did you have to adapt the pattern at all for the GF?

All I did was connect the pieces that were cut in half to fit on the pages. Honestly, I don’t see how anything you can cut by hand could be non-laser compatible. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

All the designer is saying is that you can’t expect to just load his plans into your machine.

As G2N stated, any hand-cut design can be made suitable for the laser, you just need to know how to use design software.

4 Likes

Yep, that’s what I figured. Thanks.

Tried that on Windows, no go. Had to scan it back in after printing and then clean it up in AI … major pain in the rear!

1 Like

do a little googling for sites that will unlock PDFs. locking a PDF is not very secure. i do this all the time at work.

1 Like

@shop
Thanks for that! I have done that in the past but completely spaced it!!! :rofl:

Very cool mask, well done!! Saddle stitching is a bear… but you can’t beat the results!

1 Like

My thumb is still a little numb. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have permanent indents in my index fingers and thumbs where I grip the needles when sewing!

3 Likes

Well…almost next to nearly true. It’s just a helluva lot more work and time. As I mentioned in my post about the first leather things I finally made, the patterns were printed on a huge folding sheet of paper. I had to scan them into my computer then laboriously hand trace every piece. One piece was so large it wouldn’t fit on my scanner bed and I had to take it downtown to a printing shop and pay to have it done.

truth

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this. I am working on an apocalyptic costume (I started before the pandemic) and I haven’t gotten to the mask yet. This looks perfect!

2 Likes

Also, you did an amazing job!

3 Likes

Thank you! I was so afraid of leatherworking for so long; now it’s all I can think about. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes