Acoustic Guitars for two world Champs!

Last Year, I had the opportunity and great pleasure to build two guitars for NFR Team Roping Legends Trevor Brazile and Patrick Smith! Once again the GF met all my expectations for what I bought it for. Enjoy the pics!

90 Likes

These are beautiful! Excellent details all around.

1 Like

Wow. Stunning work. So much detail.

2 Likes

Gorgeous work!

2 Likes

Stunning :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Beautifully done.

1 Like

This is truly wonderful! You should be exceedingly proud of your work.

2 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

I am convinced that a Glowforge should be part of just about any woodworker’s tool chest. A basic isn’t too expensive when you think of it and being able to cut and engrave precisely is so handy. I watch a lot of Makers on YouTube and while CNCs and 3D printers are standard, adopting a laser is still slow.

This is a great advert for Glowforge and for your skills. Bravo

6 Likes

Thanks! Couldn’t agree more! I’m on the side of the fence that believe laser, cnc and 3d printers are just tools. Like a chizzle, art brush, or hand plane. They all take time to learn and perfect the art of using them.

4 Likes

Absolutely amazing work! I’m especially intrigued by that second pick guard. It looks like metal. Did you do it on your Glowforge?

4 Likes

That is just amazing. Another great example of how it’s not the tool that makes great things, it’s the maker behind the tool.

4 Likes

Absolutely beautiful

2 Likes

Looks great.

2 Likes

I am blown away! Such amazing work all around!!!

So, those first 2 pics… the horses… Is that all inlay work? It’s gorgeous! Can you talk about that a little? Materials, etc?
And that last material… with the wings… what material is that? It’s got such a great shine to it. Really lends itself to the amazing design!

2 Likes

The metal pickguard is sterling silver and it was hand ingraved by a local metalsmith. The template and jig he used to make the pickguard were made with the glowforge. Thanks for the comment!!

8 Likes

Yes, the horse pickguard along with the headstock are both inlay work. The headstock is Indian rosewood with mother of pearl border. The Tatum logo was cut from a scrap piece of Koa that was left over from the body. All designs were drawn in Adobe illustrator. I thin all rough pieces of wood to .07 inches in my drum sander. I then cut using 75/100 and engrave the inlay at 1000/75. The metal pickguard is sterling silver and was hand engraved by a local metalsmith named Mitch Ratliff. The jig he used to cut the pickguard and wing logo were made with pg acrylic. I’m working on a video to show in detail the process. I’ll post it on this thread once finished.

15 Likes

Exquisite craftsmanship!

2 Likes

Just fantastic work. Thanks for the info! Looking forward to the video!!!

3 Likes

Wow, Really Beautiful!

2 Likes