Acrylic engrave with walnut back + stand offs

Yes! It’s crazy!

10 seems really odd, but i think in “pairs” makes the most sense. for large pieces, it’s not unusual to use more than 4 for stability. but 10 is an odd number. if you did 5 across, you’d likely have more than 2 high.

2 Likes

Nice work, looks amazing – glad I’m not the only designer that clients don’t always listen too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Simple marketing strategy. Sell 10 - know the average consumer is needing 4 per project, so make them buy two packs so they have 20.

Just kidding, but I wouldn’t doubt it the more I think about it…

Love this project! I’m working on my small business and may use something similar to this as a display sign! Anything with walnut incorporated is an 11/10 on design for me; you could literally just make a walnut campfire out of the scraps and I would call it an inspired design :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Haha! Yes! I love the walnut as well. I am going to make 1-2 more iterations of this to get it where I want it and then work on reaching out to some of my client to sell them. I suspect I’ll have more work than I can handle for a bit. If so, that will be the kind of problems to have for sure.

1 Like

Same as batteries. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh that’s gorgeous!! Love it!

For the standoffs, are they just several circles cut out of the same walnut and glued as a stack?

Thank you!

That was my first attempt at something like that, so I used what I had. That’s just two circles cut and glued on the front and back of the acrylic to make it look like it goes all the way through.

Since then I got proper stand offs from Amazon for other projects, but it was fun to be creative with what I had on hand!

3 Likes

That’s a great idea! I just got my GF 2 days ago so I’m still accumulating things like standoffs, this is a perfect way to do mockups.

2 Likes

Hi, to my great engraved, what settings did you use? Thanks!!

1 Like

I just used the SD engrave settings.

Ok, thanks