Acrylic Matte Black on Gold finish

Open posted this in the right place if not I’m pretty sure somebody will move it. I know that we all use the proof grade materials that glow Forge provides but we also know there are other materials out there that we can get and use in our machinesI know that we all use the proof grade materials that glow Forge provides but we also know there are other materials out there that we can get and use in our machines. I have recently bought matte black and gold finish acrylic from Inventibles which can be used inside laser units. I know there is a spreadsheet of the community has that list everything from settings and all that fun stuff but I just wanted to share this as I did email the creators of that to see if they can put that information in there as well.

Settings:

Engrave: LPI 225 Speed 1000 Power 40% Material thickness .069
Tip: normally we would leave the masking on for most of our products but for this one you might want to remove the masking that they put on there on just a portion you were going to engrave or cut as it does melt and it will run into your engraving.

Cut: Speed 300 Power full Material thickness .069
Tip: once you finish your engraving and your cut let the glow Forge go through it’s cool down cycle and everything as this product does produce a little bit more of a smell than what were used to with the other acrylics that we get from glow Forge, overall everything should come out good if you use the settings that have been provided.

7 Likes

Inventables is an “approved” source, earlier GF owners received a gift certificate to their store.

It would be great if other materials were in the “drop down” in the UI, but that’s unlikely because GF has no control over those materials, so they could never officially provide settings.

As you say, there is a pretty good library, but I personally never use any (non-PG) settings without testing on my material first.

5 Likes