Acrylic purse

Very Nicel! Really well done!

1 Like

Wow! Are you selling the design?

1 Like

Nah. Iā€™ll post it later next week if I get enough time to massage it into readiness.

8 Likes

OMG! Canā€™t wait!!!

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

For those who were after the design I had an unexpected moment of time. Here you go!

%20acrylic_purse_thick_clear
%20acrylic_purse_contrast_color
%20acrylic_purse_color

No guarantees that these are perfect. Check carefully before using them of course!

In fact I think I can see strange artifacts, in the preview, on the handle portions of the contrast color sides!!

I will post for now but analyze this evening to see what I can figure out!!

Kinda have to construct this however works for you but if you need detailed pictures of the way I did it let me know!

Note: The ribbon I used was 1.5 inch wide. Adjust the slots in the corresponding pieces the the width you would like to use.

39 Likes

WHAAAAT?! Thank you for sharing this fantastic design! I love both versions of it and will definitely make one (or more) at some point (and will share the results, of course). Just brilliant.

4 Likes

I thought the acrylic one was really cool and then I got to the leather one and WOW! Just awesome, beautiful and very creative!

so very cool!

Clever!

This is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your design.

Your purses are amazing! :heart:ļø

Ohmygosh, Thank You so much for your generous sharing!

Holy crap!

This is legitā€¦ Awesome projectā€¦
Just one questionā€¦ Iā€™ve been trying living hinges in acrylic to basically eliminate the sewing operation of something like youā€™ve created (or at least minimizing it :smile:
Have you tried this before settling into sewing? Iā€™m saying that because I have tried some acrylic hinges on my stuff and I havenā€™t gotten there yet, but there might be a good solution to make this even more slickā€¦

1 Like

Very nicely done!

Iā€™ve done a few living hinges in acrylic. They work well but I didnā€™t consider them for this project because I was specifically after the contrast between the hard cold acrylic and the somewhat organic ( albeit bright green) thread.

1 Like

Woooow! Theyā€™re both beautiful!! I do want to try this. But Iā€™m not very good at sewing :woman_facepalming:t5::cry::cry:

Tips and tricks for assembly would be greatly appreciated! Love this design, tweaked it a little in Inkscape. I have it all cut butā€¦ so many pieces. Not sure how to get them lined up properly or which order is best. Thanks!

And what thread do you recommend?

I used some waxed thread I had from leather working. As for assembly tips itā€™s been so long I donā€™t remember any tricks. It was definitely fiddly. I think I may have lined them all up and used blue masking tape to temp hold while I stitched. But Iā€™m not certain. Good luck. And have fun!

1 Like