Acrylic With Light Base Created on Glowforge

These are just a few things created with acrylic on my Glowforge.

16 Likes

You spelled “America” Wrong :rofl:

2 Likes

Those edges lit nicely! Were there more images that didn’t upload?

3 Likes

I love this. I haven’t seen a lot where the letters were cut out versus engraved.

3 Likes

It’s not “America”. It’s the name of a female child…“Amerah”. But, I’m sure you knew that and were just joking. Right? :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah, there were supposed to be. I selected about 10 to upload. See if this works. I will make another attempt.

1 Like

Thank you. It took some time to learn to do this. Also, all acrylic is not the same. I’ve tried others, but the type Glowforge supplies is the best.

3 Likes

Good to know. They do have nice acrylic!

2 Likes

Yes. I used a brand from Home Depot and it actually caught fire. Glad I was watching it, or it would have destroyed my Glowforge and maybe me as well.

2 Likes

Good for you for being watchful. I got to join the Fire in the Laser club a while back. Thankfully, I suffered no harm and the laser is fine, too.

1 Like

Thanks. I hope to see some of your creativity.

Sure thing - just search for my userID and you’ll find my posts. I tend to do a lot that’s fiber oriented. So far I haven’t gotten the GF to spin, weave or sew, but I’ve got lots of tools and a small quilt to show for it.

1 Like

Got it. Cool.

1 Like

I just looked, and I haven’t posted much work recently. But here’s one that shows my dedication to fiber tools.

1 Like