Add artwork fails, wipes workspace

Working with a simple design, printed fine, then needed to add a different image, used (+)/Upload. It showed usual “processing” but when complete, the workspace was completely blank - no artwork at all (original or new).

I uploaded 2nd image (using (+)/Upload) again, and this time it was there (but the original was still missing.)

Later when I went back to Design Library, my original design was there in a separate file, in addition to the new one.

Thank you for letting us know about this behavior in the app. So that we can extract the logs and take a closer look, would you be able to let me know the approximate date & time this occurred along with the timezone? Also, may I have information on the browser you were using and its version?

Around 14:35 EDT, Chrome Version 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)

It was in-between two prints I did around that time.

I have been unable to replicate this, but my browser downloaded an update when I checked the version earlier. It is now 81.0.4044.92.

I had similar issue the other day–yesterday after trying to upload a new file, turned away for a moment and when I looked at the screen again, I was looking at the log-in screen! Will note details to report…

Great

Thank you for the additional information. I’ve shared notes on this with our team along with the browser version you were running when this occurred and the approximate time of day.

Since the issue hasn’t reoccurred, I’m going to close this thread for now. If you run into the error again with the newer version of Chrome, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to assist.

1 Like