Add user to forum question

I should know this, but I don’t. Can someone explain how to get a friend on the forum? They are getting a GF, but it was purchased by someone else and they don’t have forum access. Do I need to add them as a user on my machine or is there another way to get them on the forum? (I don’t mind adding them as a user as long as I can remove them later when they get their machine.)

1 Like

Just under your username in app.glowforge.com, you should see an “Add User” button…

That should provide access via your account until Support can set them up. (I think.)

It’s a great quesiton. If they are getting a Glowforge as a gift from someone, perhaps an email to support from purchaser explaining the situation would work. In any case, some day the purchaser is going to have to transfer that ownership to the giftee anyway. In the meanwhile, adding them as a user on your machine is the only path that you have agency in for getting them on the forum.

2 Likes

OK, that’s the option I found too. I was wondering if there was a way without actually adding them to my machine itself. Not that it’s an issue, was just curious if there was a forum only option. Thanks dwardio.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! I’ve added her as a user. Knowledge is power and I want her to have a good start when she gets her machine.

3 Likes