Adding to an existing print

We printed the conversion chart on a cutting board. Now we would like to go back and add a name. we lined the first pattern up with the first print, added the name, asked glowforge to ignore the pattern and the border and the score the name. It can’t get past loading the pattern. Is it possible to print a second time like this?

It’s possible, but there is an easier way to do it. That’s because lining up the current print with the first one is not going to work exactly, unless you have exactly the same placement on the cutting board that you had the first time you printed it.

Just create the name, then use the Set Focus tool on the board, right where you are planning to place the name. After using Set Focus in that spot, then shift the name to it’s final orientation, and it should come out right on the money.

4 Likes

Hi @ktomajan53. Thanks for reaching out to us to help you get your design printed on a previously printed project. @Jules gave some great advice on the best steps to help out, but also noticed you opened another thread about only seeing four fonts in the Glowforge app. To avoid any miscommunication as we troubleshoot, I’m going to condense everything into this thread. I included the message @dklgood sent to help in this response as well:

If you’re trying to print a font that is not native to the Glowforge app, the best next step would be to prepare the design in another graphics like Inkscape and make sure that any text is adjusted into vector paths. I’ve included a link below to our support page with more information on this process.

Let me know if you are running any further trouble, and I’ll be happy to help. Thanks!

2 Likes

Our Glowforge is set up in a workshop and I am not there at the moment. I remember one of the fonts was Cookie, and maybe three more. We were working on a MAC at the workshop. When I open the app on my iPad, here at home, even though I am off line, I see all kinds of fonts. Will try again the next time I am at the workshop, it will be several days.

Hi @ktomajan53. Thank you for getting back to me, and letting me know. I’ll go ahead and keep this thread open, and will look forward to hearing back once you’ve been able to get to your workshop. Thank you!

hi @ktomajan53. I just wanted to check in and see if you were able to access your Glowforge to troubleshoot any issues with the fonts in the GF app? Can you let me know once you have a chance? I’ll be happy to continue with any troubleshooting if needed. Thanks!

Hello @ktomajan53

It’s been a while since we’ve heard back from you. I hope that’s because everything is working out alright! For now, since it’s been some time, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic. Please feel free to reach out to us via email at support@glowforge.com if you still need any assistance.