I have downloaded and edited my image in adobe and saved to svg but GF keeps telling me an error when I try to add or import the file? I opened other work I did the same way and it does come in but my new files will not.
I’ve had that happen a couple of times. Once was when the file was too large for the bed so I switched to using a 20" x 12" artboard and that fixed me up.
(Then i just dragged it and dropped it on the dashboard instead of using the upload button in the app.)
I am still new so how do you drag it in?
You just have the app open (in reduced size, not full screen) on the desktop, and the file on the desktop next to it…click on the file with the left mouse, hold and drag until it’s over the dashboard or an open file in the glowforge app, and let go of the mouse button when you get it over the app.
now it’s saying it’s offline? uhg
Offline can be caused by a few different things…easiest thing is to run through a checklist similar to this one:
First thing to check and eliminate is Wifi issues.
- Turn off the machine. Turn off the computer. Unplug the router.
- Wait a couple minutes.
- Plug the router back in and let it fully start up.
- Turn on the computer and let it fully start up.
- Turn on the Glowforge and let it complete the startup calibration.
- Then open the app.glowforge.com and check the status for “Ready”.
Second thing to check for is visibility issues.
- Make sure the lid camera lens is clean.
- Make sure the glowforge logo on top of the head is clean and clearly visible.
- Make sure there is no glare on the machine from a sunny window.
Third thing to check is cable connections.
- Check the connection on the white ribbon in the laser arm. Make sure it is fully inserted and the pins are in good shape.
- Check all of the ribbon cable connections in the lid. The connectors need to be fully closed.
- There has been a fairly recent problem with how a ribbon cable was installed on a batch of machines, and opening the lid all the way upright can cause wear on it and break the wires inside prematurely. That can be replaced but you’re going to need to hear from support for that…I think they can look at the logs to see it, and they’ll get you a new cable, which should eliminate the problem.
Thank you for the help, I will definitely keep on this. I have only used the machine about a dozen times now still very new to it all.
Thanks for all the help everyone!
@junkdrawerchic I’m so sorry you ran into trouble. It looks like you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!
Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?