Afghan LED stand

A friend wanted a piece for an upcoming Afghan Hound rescue auction and I’m kinda proud of this one. I always number/sign auction pieces and put a value on them hoping people see it as more of an art piece and not just another dog trinket. I put this one at $50 so hopefully it does that well. :crossed_fingers:

38 Likes

Very cool. I never get tired of edge lit stuff – especially really GOOD edge lit stuff! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks a bunch. Hey, how you doing?! Does the new ankle look fabulous and do you need me to come over and string LEDs all over your cast? I bet it’d look amazing with all good meds. :rofl:

7 Likes

It’s in a big ugly lump of partial cast, cotton fluff, and Ace-wrap. LEDs would definitely help!

It hurts, but not unbearable. The worst thing is when I have to get up and go to the bathroom. It doesn’t like being down! I’m contemplating making Hubs get me a bed pan. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Gorgeous with that backlit pattern! :grinning:

6 Likes

Bed pan duty is totally part of the marriage contract. That and, “can you bring me some meds Hon?” :wink: Glad you finally got the second one over at least and hopefully it’s all downhill from here. At least we’ll have your undivided (altered) attention for a while lol. We should totally have an old fogey pain med night here on the forum where we aren’t held responsible for our actions. :rofl:

8 Likes

I’d crawl to the bathroom before I’d use a bedpan. After the back fusion I woke up with a catheter, and on-demand morphine so I was good.

7 Likes

Had an elderly lady in the hospital one time who had a cathether, but insisted she needed to get up and “go peepee.” I explained to her that she had a catheter and it was irritating her urethra and making her feel like she needed to go, but really it was draining her bladder for her so she didn’t need to get up and could just lie in bed and rest. I held up the bag of urine to prove my point. She gazed at it with this look of wonder, then shook her head and said, “Well my goodness. What will they think of next?”

6 Likes

Hey, I’m entering that phase of my life now. I used to look at an old man and think “Think of the changes he’s seen in his life.” Yeah.
That’s our superpower, the perspective we have because we experienced what came way before and have all that to compare it to.
The only way to join this club is to live long enough. :sunglasses:

“Everytime an old person dies, a library burns down.”

7 Likes

I am sure this will be well received at the auction. Nicely done.

3 Likes

Oooooooo, you always do outstanding graphics, and this one is no exception! I make donation pieces for animal rescue auctions and have the same struggle, so be sure and let us know how this one does.

4 Likes

Been there too on a few occasions. after first both legs and the one leg and one shoulder (the one you need for the crutch) I “put my foot down” and insisted it be only one extremity at a time.

3 Likes

Fantastic as usual! Such a nice contrast between the precise ornate background and the dark flowing dog.

3 Likes

I was wondering if he could manage the Glowforge button pushing for a few days?

2 Likes

If he won’t get you a bed pan you need a different husband. I mean, who wouldn’t bring you a bed pan? Heck, I’d even put it within easy reach.

Taking the bed pan away to empty it, on the other hand, well best of luck with that.

6 Likes

I see dogs figure prominently in much of your outstanding work. I think an edge-lit item like that is on the next level.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

I think many, if not most of us have given a piece of our hearts to a dog at some point, and we got a bigger piece back.

9 Likes

I told my wife that’s why I’ll never divorce (or kill) her. No way a newer model would ever understand what we’ve seen. Generations who don’t know why we say “give me a ring” or “I’ll dial that for you” or could live without a TV remote or know what a floppy disk is or why Nixon was a putz or felt the awe of seeing a man step onto the moon or…

5 Likes

These are beautiful…nothing less than the artistry and craftsmanship I’ve come to expect from you. You really captured the silhouette and movement of that hound wonderfully.

I must admit though…first time I saw the title of this post, I passed it by…wondering why anyone would want to make an LED stand for a crocheted blanket. :joy:

5 Likes

:laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::rofl: My thoughts exactly :rofl::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing:

4 Likes

So beautiful with the background. Lovely work!

1 Like