After another long wait, Got It

Happy Birthday! Wishing you a wonderful day and many happy returns.

1 Like

I’m with you.
I buy them with 150+ miles on them and then put 70K-120K more on before I go for something “new.”
It is nice to see what I’ll be getting in 10-15 years if they’re up to that longevity.
It is a really pretty car, Dave. I’m glad you’re happy with it.

5 Likes

Good luck wit the new vehicle.

1 Like

Make a recording to play. Kinda like when kids used playing cards to make their bikes sound like Bikes.

4 Likes

Seriously! Storage is the game changer.
Our house is perfectly oriented for solar. Either panels or the tiles with a powerwall.
Thanks for that breakdown. Did you get the premium or the performance package?

1 Like

RWD Premium. Same color.

2 Likes

I agree with that sentiment to a degree.

As far as vehicle age, you’re not alone. The vehicle fleet age averages about 7.5 years old in the US. This is a big part of the reason that it’s difficult to interrupt the petrol-based vehicle industry.

The fleet turnover is relatively slow. And then to support the new standards of whatever (be it charging stations, E85, LNG) takes a huge infrastructure investment with a very slow means of recovering that investment. Electric has an advantage in that, in that you can get set up with at-home refueling/charging.

" it is hard to imagine any modern car full of flatscreens and touch controls lasting 20+ years"

Status quo, yes, but IMO a Tesla is not just any car.

This guy is an unbiased authority.
Munro & Associates is an engineering outfit that tears down a company’s product to the screws to give a professional evaluation of it. He has done work for the military.
His assessment of the model 3 was a primary reason I elected to step up to a higher priced package.

2 Likes

Beautiful! What a fun time … Sounds amazing!

Our vehicles are at 14 and 11 years old … So, will be awhile yet for us.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 32 days. New replies are no longer allowed.