Ahhh!Yellow light! No printer head movement!

I have emailed this problem to support but I am dying here, waist deep in Christmas orders that need to be done. When I turn on the Glowforge it is stuck. It boots up then immediately goes to the yellow light with no movement in the printer head. The software is stuck on “focusing”. It’s been 2 nights. I’ve unplugged it, reconnected the WiFi several times, cleaned everything I can think of… I need help! Ideas? Suggestions? I don’t know what I’m going to do if I have to shut down my shop at the busiest time of year! Please please help!

Confirm it’s yellow and not orange.
Check/reseat connectors… Like the ribbon cable that attaches to the head. The ribbon cable on the lid. Etc.
Speaking of the lid, do the LEDs light up on the lid?
Do you get that initial white light on the button?
Do you hear “the ticking” when you turn it on?
If you look at your router, do you see your 'forge actively connected to it?
All I can think of while I’m at work… Good luck!

1 Like

No particular knowledge here. But logically if the unit is stuck on focusing it would make sense that the problem is related to the head. What @Tom_A said about the head connection, and might want to pull the lens to check for debris.

1 Like

Also make sure the Glowforge logo on top of the head is clean.

1 Like

I have the Plus, just started doing that tonight. And same situation- bombarded with stuff I have to laser and ship- and not working. Was focusing FOR-EVER. Turned it off, and back on. Nothing. Cleaned the lens, unplugged the head cable and back on, cleaned camera, tray, glass, etc. 2 weeks old. Even logged off, held button to re-do SETUP on blue light. And now stuck on the jurassic park looking Amber color light upon turning it on. If I find anything out, I’ll post it <3

If you haven’t already, you’ll want to open your own ticket about your issue so you get the support you need. Especially since your issue may be different (yellow light versus amber).

1 Like

@rockstarsgirlfriend Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

@torturecouture I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there.

1 Like