Air Assist Fan Error after

Receiving Air Assist Fan Error after following instructions to clean the fan

Here are some troubleshooting steps:

i did these steps and still receiving the error. Does it have to do with the washer thing broken? its the part where the print head sits on

If something is visibly broken, you should post photos. You’ve opened a support ticket by posting in this section, so all the information you can provide would be helpful when support gets here to respond to you.

I’m not sure that would throw an air assist error, but it’s definitely a problem! :grimacing:

Not sure how it got broken but when it got stuck on centering I followed the instructions to clean the lens and that’s when I saw it. Then I put everything back, it now centers correctly but then I get this error

I have so much work to do as well

If the air assist error came up after you had removed the head to clean the lens, then it’s likely the head is not seated correctly on the carriage plate.

The four gold contact plates you see on the plate between the wheels connect with four pins on the bottom of the head. Those are for the air assist fan which is on the back side of that plate. It is critical they make solid contact, so you might carefully pop the head back off and on again to ensure a good connection.

Hello @customdc2,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve run into a couple problems with your printer. I’d like to make sure we get that wheel replaced under your warranty, so I’, going to send you a separate email so I can confirm that we have the right information to make sure your new wheel gets to you.

As far as the air assist alert goes, I believe @eflyguy has a good suggestion for a first step in making sure the head is installed correctly, and I’ll leave some instructions for checking this out as well in my email.

I’m going to close this thread now, and we can finish up via email.