Air Assist Fan Error Message

Hello! I am receiving the air assist fan error message that the fan is not running at the correct speed. I was using my machine perfectly fine last night however can not get it to run this morning without this error. I have followed the instructions that come up about wiping the pins and checking for debris in the fan but do not see any issues here. I also do not use magnets, I read in other threads that this could be a potential issue. Any help would be very much appreciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034142513-Cleaning-Your-Air-Assist-Fan?mobile_site=true

1 Like

Definitely a full cleaning if you haven’t already, but also check your white ribbon cable and make sure there isn’t any damage to it.

1 Like

Here are some photos in case staff members need them!

1 Like

You realize none of those are of the air assist fan right? The air assist is at the back of that plate.

1 Like

Thanks. I saw in other forum posts with the same issue that staff members asked for these photos first.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge is having issues with the air assist fan.

Thank you for the photos you posted. The next steps will need to be done over email.

1 Like

I reckon there’s a bug in the software on this report. I’m getting it repeatedly and at tops - the most suspicious thing is suddenly both machines will report it at the same time.

1 Like

@sqw Did that issue just go away for you? Did you have to replace any parts or do extra cleaning to resolve the issue?

1 Like

So mostly I just rub the contacts with spit on my finger. When I feel enthusiastic I give them a clean with contact cleaner - but the spit finger works fine and every time.

I can’t see any dirt on the plates and the pins are look clean and springy and everything.

1 Like

Hi everyone. I received a replacement printer head from GF to fix the issue however the machine will not run again this morning. I did not really use my machine after switching out the print head because I was on vacation but upon returning and trying to print this morning around 8:20 EST the print failed twice with air assist errors again. I was told the new print head would resolve this issue but that doesn’t seem to be the case…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.