Air assist fan giving errors

When I start a print, the machine moves into place but immediately turns itself off giving an “air assist fan” error. I’m not using any magnets.

Things I’ve tried:
Cleaning the connection pins
Blowing out the air assist fan
Rebooting multiple times
Cleaning board the fan connects to

The odd thing is that the air assist fan spins no matter what. Even if I pull the whole unit off the magnet it stays spinning. The only way I can get the air assist fan to turn off is by disconnecting it completely. I think this has to do with why it’s not getting to the correct speed.

When you say “Blowing out the air assist fan”, do you mean the procedure detailed here:

If so, then support will need to check the logs. Not much else you can try.

Yeah, I’ve completely disassembled the air assist unit and cleaned everything. The fan spins perfectly fine. It’s just not getting up to the correct speed according to the error.

There may be a short if it is powering the fan when the fan is off.

I’ll check for a short real quick

1 Like

Fairly certain these frayed wires probably have something to do with it.

1 Like

Power applied + power off = power coming from somewhere else = short

I’m sorry you’ve run into trouble with your air assist fan. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we repair this one. I’ll be in touch by sending an email to the address used to purchase the unit to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.