Air Assist Fan is faulty after I decided to Clean it

So I had some gunk inside the Fan and used a cotton swab , and well its worse now ,
what are my options , I do see 4 screws on the back. Or can I get a new Air Assist Fan ?

Help , i blew it.

lol love the pun!

Have you tried using a can of compressed air? I put tonsssssss of marble in my GF and so I have had to come very familiar with the assist fan. I feel like with all the hell I have put mine through I would be surprised if yours is fully done for unless you think you actually broke or deformed a fan blade.

Has the GF canceled on a print yet with an assist fan error that pops in the UI?

3 Likes

Okay, first let’s clarify to which fan you are referring, the air assist fan (40mm fan at the rear of the carriage plate assembly) can be replaced independently of the carriage plate assembly, but I don’t know if Glowforge makes the part available. If you contact Glowforge support you can confirm whether it is or isn’t and if you find that it isn’t, message me and I can provide one for you.

Yes at the rear of the Carriag Plate , I made a mess of that , I used some goo gone and with the cotton swab , so yeah. not so good.

I will message you. tu.

1 Like

Hi @coalakida - sorry to hear about the trouble!

I’d be happy to take a look at a photo of this fan to see if we have any other suggestions to offer as far as getting it taken care of.

Currently we don’t have spare part we offer for just the fan itself, but we can work to replace that carriage plate for you if you’d like.

Please let me know if we can be of any other assistance.

Yes I would be interested in the new Carriage as a solution as this is my fault.

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know how you would like to proceed. I’ve sent you an email to coordinate next steps for getting a replacement sent out to you, so I’m going to close this thread and we’ll continue to assist you via email.

1 Like