Air assist plate

I took my machine apart because it kept saying air assist is not running at speed and now the plate will not go back on ā€¦ help

Have you followed these directions:

Reattach the Carriage Plate

Start by reattaching the carriage plate.

1. Unwrap the belt and hold the carriage plate as shown

Place your index fingers on the back corners of the carriage plate and your thumbs on top of the front wheels.

2. #### Hook the plate back on the laser arm

Hook the rear wheels on the groove under the laser arm. The front wheels should be mostly visible.

3. #### Pull plate forward and up to engage

Pull the plate forward until the front wheels clear the laser arm then angle the plate up until the the wheels are in line with the rail. Release the plate ā€“ it should grasp the rail firmly.

1 Like

Oh no! Iā€™m sorry for the trouble @sjweave92. @beerfaced is correct! Have you had a chance to follow the instructions on re-attaching your Carriage Plate here?

Let us know how it goes!

Ok I have done everything I am to do to make this thing work and one min it works and the next nothing . Keeps saying take out product and check camera . Everything is cleaned and I have no idea what else to do

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 1, 2021, at 4:04 PM, Glowforge <support@glowforge.zendesk.com> wrote:

Thank you for checking that for us.

For our next steps, could you please do the following:

• Check the four contact points on the bottom of the printer head. Press down gently on each of them and let me know if any of them fail to spring back up when released.

ā€‹

Attachments

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.