Air assist problems

I have two glowforges one plus for personal and one pro for my buisness. They were working just fine yesterday but today they both are having air assist fan problems. I have taken them apart multiple times and cleaned them but the problem persists. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I don’t get why they both went down at the same time. Would love some help with this

You can see the fan if you peer over behind the laser tube.

When you start a job, does it spin up? Does it look like it’s spinning at full speed?

Have you cleaned the gold contacts on the carriage plate that carry power to the fan via the print head?

When my AA fan is really dirty, I take it off the plate and blast it with some 99% isopropyl alcohol in an aerosol can, and scrub off any buildup that survives the alcohol with some thin nylon bottle brushes. I don’t know if there are any risks with that, but it’s worked well so far, and I have a backup fan ready in case one of mine gives out. They’re only a few bucks from China.

1 Like

I actually have 2 back ups as well. I’ve tried all of them and I get the same errors. I will try the cleaner. Thanks.

The fact that two separate units experienced the issue simultaneously is curious. The two common denominators are they were built by the same company and they share the same working environment.
Do you happen to use magnets for hold down? What might have changed since yesterday?
Tall odds against two failing together. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.