Air Filter beep

Greetings everyone! Owned my GF for about a week now. My air filter is no longer doing the job and through much research here in the Forum I find that I guess it is now full…after a week. And I have not really been cutting the items that people say cause it to gunk up faster.
So my question is the beeping…
I understand that when you here several beeps you need to turn up the fan. Well, if mine beeped when I first received it, does that mean I might have an issue? So has anyone here had that experience? It beeps from day one?

A lot depends on what and how you are burning.
MDF engraves are nice, but the debris forces you to clean the machine a lot.
Acrylic will go way further down the road before a cleaning is necessary.
Everything else is in between.

Your problem will be with filter clogging, but the same reasoning holds.

Best solution will always be external exhausting. Sorry that is not an option for you.

If it beeped before you even used it, then you might have an issue they could have helped diagnose, but now that you have apparently filled the filter medium, they will probably need you to purchase a replacement to then determine whether the filter actually has an issue.

Hello @GlendiDesigns,

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about your concerns with your Air Filter. You mention that the Air Filter starting beeping from the first day of use. Did the beeping start before or after you printed? Did you notice any damage to the Air Filter when it arrived? Do you happen to remember the setting on the fan knob when the beeping started?

When the air starts to move more slowly because the cartridge is full, a beeping sound will notify you. You may be able to turn the knob clockwise to increase the fan speed and extend the cartridge life a little more. The beeping sound may not always occur when the cartridge needs to be changed; for example, if the carbon is used up but the airflow is still high.

If you’d like to post a photo of the top of your filter cartridge, similar to the one below, I can let you know if the filter is indeed full and needing to be replaced.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.