Air Filter Question about third party air filters

I went to order the air filter (finally have the funds) and it has a 3-4 month lead time which usually means 6-12 month lead time :P. Has anyone been successful with another model/brand? I have been looking at this one: (thoughts)

[OMTech XL-300 Fume Extractor with 5 Stage Air Filter, Wheeled Smoke Absorber & Purifier with Remote Control, 330W Air Purifier for Laser Cutters & Engravers Soldering Stations CNC Machines - - Amazon.com]

https://www.amazon.com/Orion-Motor-Tech-Extractor-Engravers/dp/B08HVFYN3V/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=air%2Bfilter%2Bfume%2Bextractor%2Bfor%2Blaser%2Bcutter&qid=1635874383&sr=8-5&th=1)

That figures as 361 CFM max if my math is correct and that is a likely range for what it does. It is easier to attach and it looks quieter than what I have that has a 12" (including half inch rim) intake that has been an issue to scale down to, but has a 500 CFM top air speed and a bit over half the price (3/4 at list price).
https://www.amazon.com/BlueDri-Industrial-Commercial-Purifier-Negative/dp/B01JHI66VC/ref=pd_bxgy_img_1/135-4459477-4295736?pd_rd_w=fJXQH&pf_rd_p=c64372fa-c41c-422e-990d-9e034f73989b&pf_rd_r=JVG4YEXWMBZ6WWYF30YX&pd_rd_r=ea17c6df-38f4-404d-bed0-d26bd3d9f9af&pd_rd_wg=f2Vyw&pd_rd_i=B01JHI66VC&psc=1

Best of all is if you can exhaust out a window and avoid the expensive consumable of the HEPA filter that is usually in the $250 range.

There’s a few up for sale from other owners…no lead time!

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=air%20filter%20for%20sale%20order:latest

is there an adaptor available for the bluedri to adapt it to the dryer hose size that comes out of the glowforge?

You would have make your own. This is one I designed but did not build…

For a nice 4" exhaust holder, a v-8 bottle did very well

1 Like

i wonder if this would work - FAMCO Increaser Reducer Adaptor Connector for Heating Cooling Ventilation Ducts. Heavy Duty 26 Gauge Galvanized Steel Increaser Reducer. - - Amazon.com

the blu dri has an 11.5 intake hole (probabaly 12 inches on the outside part)

yes

Getting from 12 to 4 is a reach and multiple steps make it very long which is why I was looking to come in from the side

this looks like a one-shot solution - they make a 12inch to 4inch step down adaptor

FAMCO Increaser Reducer Adaptor Connector for Heating Cooling Ventilation Ducts. Heavy Duty 26 Gauge Galvanized Steel Increaser Reducer. - - Amazon.com

2 Likes

Easy enough to make an 11" circle with a 4" hole and I considered it. However, going into the center of the filter, that area would fill fast, and much slowed to the rest. I was thinking a round cap like the other, with a 4" part coming in parallel to the sides creating a spiral that might even get the biggest stuff off to the sides. I also have a washable filter I got from the grocery that I put in front to peel off the biggest and stickiest bits.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.