Alabama Crimson Tide name plate

Hi Everyone! A friend of ours needed a name plate for his desk in his new office, and he’s a University of Alabama fan with Crimson Tide stuff all over the place, so I decided to make him one (blurred for privacy, of course)

Two layers, clear and red proofgrade medium acrylic. The black circle is engraved in to the clear back-plate and painted black before peeling, the lettering and pattern engraved in to the red acrylic and painted silver/black before peeling. The silver paint was a pain, it ended up being more “rubbery” and the masking didn’t peel well, had lots of touching up and cleaning to do after. I didn’t have any white acrylic, otherwise I probably would have used that instead of clear. But the floating “A” gives it a more dynamic feel, so I think it worked out.

Thanks for stopping and taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

21 Likes

His office staff will be jealous and want similar items, I’m guessing. Nicely done.

3 Likes

Very nice!!

2 Likes

Oooo, cool sign! Predicting much office envy.

2 Likes

Nice! I’ll try not to hold him liking UA against him :wink:

3 Likes

The circle and the ‘A’ really stand out. Nice work.

1 Like

I can just never hear/see Crimson Tide without thinking that they have a name for the winners in the world… I want a name when I lose. They call alabama the crimson tide… Call me Deacon Blues. :rofl:

2 Likes

Steely Dan!

Apparently we are of “an age” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I know I am. :rofl:

1 Like

Roll tide!

1 Like

I got soundly mocked and corrected once by an older brother. I was singing along with Deacon Blues and sang “They call my Pamela the Crimson Tide.” Sometimes it’s hard to understand a song.

3 Likes

I heard someone say they thought it was “they call our pamela the prince of tides” before. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic, which is a good post!