Alert: Cooling

Does anyone have any solutions? We have emailed support (yesterday), and haven’t heard back yet. It hasn’t been a long time, so not knocking support. We just have a bunch of orders that need to be cut and don’t have time to wait. We did one cut yesterday, then the yellow/orange light came on with the cooling alert. We have turned it off/on and the temp in the room is fine. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. As of yesterday, we are unable to log in through Firefox, but can through other browsers. Not sure if this is related or not. Thanks!

It is nearly impossible to assist you without knowing what model of Glowforge you are using, what the actual measured air temperature at the Glowforge inlet is, and your setup. For instance, if you have the right side of the Glowforge against a wall or other obstruction it can restrict the airflow into the laser. You should also check that your airflow out is not obstructed.

It may be an electronic issue, but you haven’t provided nearly enough detailed information for anyone to perform any diagnosis.

Then you should come up with a backup plan. As you are running a business you will need to have a plan for when the laser goes down. Since it is a complex electromechanical system that is sold with a level of support that is consistent with hobby users, you will have to take that into account with your business practices.

Also, please keep in mind that since you have an open ticket from your email, this ticket will likely be reviewed by support and closed. As stated in the pinned topic at the top of the Problems and Support forum, posts here open a support ticket and duplicate support tickets slow down the response from Support.

1 Like

We are using a Basic. The room temp is set ay 70. There is nothing blocking the airflow into the laser.

What about air flow out?

• I’ve seen people run their exhaust up to a screened window, then the screen becomes blocked by debris from cutting and their machine starts overheating.
  • Or they use the GF Air Filter and the filter fills, and the machine starts overheating.
  • Or they have a blast gate they forgot to open, and the machine starts overheating.
  • Or they have never cleaned the metal grate behind the exhaust fan, it gets blocked by debris from cutting and their machine starts overheating.

In a GF Basic, air comes in the bottom of the case in the front right, and leaves through the exhaust fan in the back left. That air flow is the only source of cooling.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I have checked all of those and still have the dreaded yellow light.

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.