Alibaba experiences

Have you tried this place? Supposedly the only manufacturer of natural rubber latex tubing in the US.

http://www.kentelastomer.com/

3 Likes

If they do door to door and take care of the custom/duties - it’s more expensive. I ordered 20 custom made tables for my cake shop from them and I had to go to the Port of Vancouver to clear my own customs.

1 Like

OK, thanks for the tip. These people at least answered many questions. I learned that the 18" sections I see are not cut, but are actually dip molded in 18" lengths. However, they can manufacture such a tube, but the minimum quantity is 2000’ (which costs $1600). Not sure what I would do with the other 1970’… I suppose we could ironically make penrose drains out of it…

9 Likes

How much does your hospital usually use? They won’t need to buy any for a long time. :wink:

I know nothing about penrose drains, but your photo reminded me a bit of tubular membrane filters like this one. It’s a long shot, but could your purpose be served by substituting a very small pore size membrane filter?

I’m pretty sure this is way greater than the entire consumption of the state (possibly New England) for several years… At 18" a pop, and only one size (larger than most people use) would be a massive number of penrose drains being placed…

1 Like

While the right size, that stuff is expensive, but more importantly is deliberately a semi-permeable membrane which would pull the contents across the gradient (it will be full of ballistics gel - i.e. knox blox to simulate the small intestine); thanks though. I’m looking at something similar though which is regular polyethylene sleeving (like your keyboard cable came wrapped in) but not sure whether it could take the abuse. The problem is polyethylene is not elastic, so easily torn as it gets manipulated, so even in the 2mil would likely not work well; plus it kinks.

The membrane would pull water across, while leaving the gelatin proteins behind, which would be pretty nasty after a while I imagine.

My last ditch is sausage casing (e.g. pig intestines) which of course are true simulations, but of course rot, making them only good for 1 simulation. At a nearby place, 21mmx50’x3-pack is only $13 so that may ultimately be the thing to do…

4 Likes

I recently purchased about 8k worth of twin wall and had two vendors eager to make the deal, not as good as over seas but much better than list.

2 Likes

I had a

good experience

using them. I got under $400 of https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1GnpxKFXXXXXzXVXXq6xXFXXX9/216pcs-font-b-5mm-b-font-Silver-Neodymium-font-b-Magnetic-b-font-font-b-Balls.jpg
5mm magnet balls. Took well over 4 months to get them. But it was free shipping and I had lots of other projects to do.
I’d say only order if you are in no rush to get the product.

2 Likes

Slingshots…catapults (laser cut of course)…LED strip covers for diffuse lighting…

1 Like

One enormous sippy-straw.

(i know, i know, it would require a support gantry and a priming pump)

3 Likes

With that baby, we could attack the Yankees from Fenway!:grin:

Flesh colored lighting…:scream:

5 Likes

Maybe not - I do a lot of RGB LED stuff with controllers that allow for all manner of intensity and color setting. Be interested in what the tubing might do to change the colors.

Could also use the leftovers for wire looming…

1 Like

I have a lot of flesh colored latex and silicone, I guess I can try it out…

1 Like

If you are a fan of the Tremors movies, you could go all out with a miniature version of Perfection, NV as a halloween display…

3 Likes

I’ve purchased 3 times on Alibaba over the last two years. I used PayPal for each transaction. It worked out for me.

Good luck!

1 Like