Alignment Issue - Greater Than 1/4 Inch

Hello! I’ve run into an alignment issue that is about 0.75 inches off alignment.

Printed this image on PG Draftboard with the rulers showing.

Anyone have any tips other than resetting?56%20PM

1 Like

Have you tried the lid camera calibrator?

2 Likes

Have you run the calibration for the camera? If not, that is the first step.

1 Like

Also, use “Set focus” and make sure the material is absolutely flat. Not just “looks flat” flat, but when you tap on it, it sounds consistent across the sheet.

Hopefully you can get much better alignment!

Not yet, will give this a try in the morning!

2 Likes

Just an add on here.

I have excellent alignment, but it still looks off sometimes when doing an invert on an item to engrave on the backside.
It is in the same hole and nothing has moved, but the image looks off.
I have learned to trust the system and just ignore the cuts and do the back engrave (provided nothing has been moved other than flipping the piece).
The opening of the door to flip the piece makes the unit retake a picture and that is where is gets wonky (I suppose)

1 Like

If you use Set Focus, all will be right again in the world.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you ran into trouble. As others have said in this thread, since your prints are landing more than ¼” away from where they were positioned in the preview, I recommend recalibrating the camera in your Glowforge to fix it.

You’ll need a 12” x 20” piece of Proofgrade material with no markings or stickers. The feature was designed to be used with a flat piece of medium Proofgrade Draftboard, used upside-down (with the QR code side down). It may work with other materials that are the same size and use the same print settings as well, like Proofgrade plywood.

It prints a grid of markings, takes a picture, then measures its height in multiple locations. This data is used to make your camera more accurate for future prints.

To get started, click on this link: Launch the Camera Recalibrator

Should you finish all of these steps, and find that you have an alignment error of more than 1/4", please measure the accuracy of the camera and send us a screenshot of the results.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.