Alignment Issues 12-3-2020

Cleaned the air assist fan this morning, and now I am having issues with alignment. The print head is also hitting the wall in the back left corner like it’s trying to move farther to the left. I performed all the recommended test and nothing seems to be working. When I try and cut something it’s about 5" off from where is should be.

This sounds like the head got moved with the machine on. Have you turned the machine off and then back on? If so, what happens when you do this?

Yes, I have turned the machine off and on numerous times. Refreshed the browser and rebooted the computer.

Have you tried turning the machine off, gently moving the head so that the Glowforge logo is directly under the lid camera and then turning it back on?

I am trying that now, but it seems to be stuck on homing.

That didn’t work. When I hit the print button the head goes about 1/3 of the way into the wood. And when it returns to the back left corner it’s bumping. You can tell it’s trying to go farther left.

Sorry my suggestions were not helpful. Support will have to have a look.

Thanks for your help. One other question. My best is loose. I have tried tightening it with no success.

It could be a couple of things. The belt could be twisted, or it could be loose.

If belt is loose, have you seen these instructions?

1 Like

Yeah I have tried to tighten the belt, it just doesn’t seem to tighten. I’ve followed those instructions and it’s still seems to loose.

Hello @jedgar0201 - I’m sorry to hear you’ve run into some trouble.

It looks like you’ve been in contact with us via email as well, and we’ve sent along some follow up steps to check on your alignment. It does look like you were able to get clear of the homing trouble, so that’s promising! Please keep an eye out for that email and let us know if you have any questions.

Since we’ve already made contact via email I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.