Alignment...."

I’m finding my alignment is way off, causing me to ruin several projects. Is there a way to calibrate or correct this. Thanks Dave

1 Like
8 Likes

Thanks, @dklgood, for providing that link.

Your Glowforge uses a wide-angle camera to take a picture of the material in your Glowforge. In the app, you drag your design into place where you want it on the screen. When you’re done with a print, if the print is more than ¼” from where you placed your design, you may have an alignment problem.

The closer the material is to the camera, the bigger it appears on-screen. Most alignment problems come from the material being closer or farther from the camera than expected. The actual print should always land within ¼” of where you put it.

I believe that running the camera recalibrator should help. However, if you’re still running into trouble, you can take these steps for the most accurate alignment results:

• Use Set Focus before your print to make sure the software knows just how far the material is from the camera.
  • Use material that is not warped or tilted.
  • Remove particles from the surface of the crumb tray and the area underneath it. Check the four indentations under the crumb tray and the area underneath the front door of your Glowforge. Check to make sure that, when closed, the front door is not pressing down on the lip of the crumb tray.
  • Turn your Glowforge off and on again. Alignment can drift over time, particularly if you bump the head of your Glowforge while removing material.

If you’re still running into trouble with alignment after trying these tips and running the camera recalibrator, please let us know and we’ll be happy to look into it.

1 Like