All finished, but no place to go…

Superglue! Thanks for reading… :grin:

2 Likes

Haven’t had a chance to give it a test drive obviously… maybe it will all fall apart and I’ll be scrambling all over the floor. :wink:

2 Likes

Well it doesn’t have to survive being squished and deformed in a pocket like a wallet…

1 Like

Yup, but harder to share,

1 Like

Very pretty! One day I’ll be brave enough to try a leather project…

2 Likes

Pretty! At least you’ll have something extra special to celebrate with.

4 Likes

Beautiful! Make sure you sit it where you can see it a couple of times a day. Projects like this need full appreciation! Plus being stuck at home, you can have a little ray of sunshine every time you see it.

Our granddaughter just woke up and saw the photo. She wanted me to scroll back so she could see it again!

5 Likes

That is really gorgeous!

2 Likes

It’s true - I look at it several times a day, but then I tend to do that to all my new projects! :joy:. So sweet it caught your granddaughter’s attention.

2 Likes

Thanks, Victor!

3 Likes

Love It!

2 Likes

Beautiful! And thanks for talking through the whole process including the points where you weren’t confident. Really inspiring to hear and then see what a beautiful piece you ended up with.

1 Like

Thanks! Yesterday I took my purse for a ride and decided, that yes, I do need it to be .3" wider for everything to work, so resolved to make a second one…

3 Likes

I love the bag!
I’m just getting used to and learning how to work my glowforge. Mainly I etch enamel, paper, wood and sometimes leather for my book projects.
Would you mind sharing the settings you used for cutting and etching?:heart:

All settings for non Proofgrade materials are to be found in the Beyond the Manual section. A search there will show many discussions.

Hi @dougphil1, and welcome to the forum! I just used the standard settings for proofgrade medium leather and used Set Focus as well, as thickness can vary a little. Sometimes it is best to test a small part of your materials until you get used to them. Looking forward to see what you make with your Glowforge!

1 Like

It’s beautiful! Is the blue paint on a layer below the white design? Where did you find the pattern you used? I’m very impressed!

3 Likes

Thanks! I scored the pattern on the masked leather and then peeled just the masking areas where I then applied the paint. After drying, I peeled off the rest of the masking.
The pattern itself I used from an other design I got here!

3 Likes

That’s amazing

3 Likes