All those who wander

I can’t be the only one that wanders around stores like Walmart, target, etc just to see what I can shove in the Glowforge for cheap!

I had to make a quick run to Walmart and found a 10 pack of little cheapo Ozark Trail anodized aluminum flashlights for $10.

Blue, brown, olive, black and gunmetal.

I won’t have time to play until tomorrow though, but wanted to see what other random “holiday” bundles people are gathering up for projects.

14 Likes

I “wander” through Amazon and other online stores. I got flashlights similar to these (bright colors, however) 18 for about $23 and batteries were included. Your 10 pack is a steal and I bet they engrave really well. I watch for cheap jars/candles with wooden lids to personalize and of course cutting boards. Now is a great time for Sharpie and colored pencil gift sets as well.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty good deal! I ordered a bunch of them (well, UV light flashlights) through DHGate and it wasn’t much cheaper than that at all.

1 Like

I suggest not ever going into Hobby Lobby or Joanns …

5 Likes

Never use the UV flashlights in the bathroom. Don’t ask why.

10 Likes

Oh I already do that plenty. I expect to find stuff there. Other stores are like treasure troves. Like Aldi, I’d never assume they would have things since they are a grocery store, but they have some off the wall things.

3 Likes

Do not look on Amazon.

2 Likes

Ha, Amazon is great for ideas to me, but it ruins my desire for instant gratification :rofl:

1 Like

Sadly…it feeds my desire to open packages. Usually by the time it arrives, I’ve forgotten I ordered it, and I get to be all surprised/happy when it gets here. :smile:

(I should probably mention for the eco-conscious out there, all excessive Amazon packaging is recycled for shipping parts to those who need them with the biz, thus saving us the need to ever purchase boxes. Win-win.)

6 Likes

I have been getting these at Harbor Freight for about 10 years or so.
They have a 2-pack for $3.00.
Very nice, handy, lights. I have one in every room.
It is not worth it to change the batteries at a buck or so a pop (even though I have a few times).

If you are planning on engraving them, that 10 for 10 is a great deal.

4 Likes

I use these for my laser class. We engrave “[student’s name] dead battery holder”.

Almost always get a smartass who actually keeps “[student’s name]” :smiley:

3 Likes

So here’s an update, since I finally had time to sit down and laser them.

I plan to pick up another pack or two and make them up with the company logo and the nicknames I have for all the guys at work.

It is also no joke when people say even with the same material, settings may not be the same. I had these in a jig and not all the colors engraved at the same settings. Even repeat colors were different.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.