ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

@Auntimame - this is for you.

We’re donating $1000 for Glowforge, $100 per employee in the video, plus $10 for anyone here who makes their own video. :slight_smile:

35 Likes

Thats awesome!!!
We did this last year…can that count?? Lol

5 Likes

Need a ‘whose who’ of the line of people. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great job!

You’re getting your money’s worth out of that gimbal!

2 Likes

You guys and gals are awesome. Makes me so happy that I am buying a Glowforge from you .:blush:

4 Likes

:joy:

8 Likes

This was me and my son last year but we may do it again.

15 Likes

Just in case anyone wonders if the #IceBucketChallenge really did any good… you betcha it did!

14 Likes

Oh hey! Geekwire just wrote this about us.

12 Likes

This was utterly fantastic!

2 Likes

“I bet you wish you’d had those buckets on the elevator, huh,” :joy: :joy: :joy:

11 Likes

Here’s GKG’s slightly different take on the challenge. The links at the end may not be live anymore.

4 Likes

Exemplary company ethics, another assurance to me that the money we have invested was well placed.
You People Rock!

4 Likes

We can’t thank you and your team enough for this, @dan!
We also did this challenge a couple of years ago, but it has just become far too meaningful for my liking; unfortunately, I too was just handed an ALS diagnosis two days ago. :rage:
It is thankfully rather slow progressing for me, and I was just accepted into a stage 3 clinical trial for a new drug that might slow it down even more, so I am very hopeful that this kind of generosity will help them find a cure before my time runs out - and that I will be able to enjoy many years of happy Glowforging!
On a lighter note, we received the safety glasses to go with our pro+filter today, so you can ship us our new toy any time!

11 Likes

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. We’re here if you need anything!

6 Likes

It seemed very wrong to hit the like button on your post. You have an undeniably upbeat attitude about your diagnosis and I truly believe that is huge when it comes to beating such a dire prognosis. They have been making progress with ALS, so my hope for you is that it will come to your aid. Wishing you all the best. :disappointed: :bouquet:

7 Likes

So sorry to hear that. Our hopes ride with you.

2 Likes

My uncle did his part to further ALS research. He donated his body to the UConn School of Medicine when he passed away of ALS a few years ago. This is an issue that is important to my family.

11 Likes

Mine as well. My Wife’s Mother bore it with strength I had never witnessed.
The diagnosis brought with it a clarity of perception that one cannot experience otherwise.
In the face of her fate, she danced for the reaper – and put him in his place.

I hope to exude that kind of grace.

6 Likes

Oh no. I’m so sorry to hear of the news.

Best wishes from all of us for a successful course of treatment, and our hearts go out to you and everyone here affected by this terrible disease.

7 Likes