Also shipping in Dec. 2016

Calling shenanigans on this one. You need only do a google image search of this Mr. Joe O’Sullivan to find he only exists in two places on the internet - where “he” is shilling for Cicret and something called Intelligent Energy. A former Apple exec with no Linked In profile? Pass.

3 Likes

Damn me, if only they accepted PayPal! … mmmmmm, does it work in the shower, I don’t have time for a bath???

I wonder what Lewis Carroll would have penned instead of “Oh, my ears and whiskers, I’ll be late”.

Cinemas don’t project black. It almost looks black in a dark cinema, but only because you’re in a dark room and the rest of the screen is relatively bright

If they turned the lights up during the movie the blacks would become grey and washed out. The same thing happens when you use a projector in a light office

This device will have the same limitation; if you use it in bright sun it will look quite washed out

Any preorder campaigns are fake, apparently:

The preorders are not opened. Don’t trust any crowdfunding campaigns and websites that sell the Cicret Bracelet. Follow only our official announcements

Don’t really care because I’m not interested in the product, just the idea, but where did you find that comment?

edit: did a search and found references to the above statement on non Cicret sites and also posts from 2015. At that time the preorders were not open. But on the Cicret site it sure “appears” as if the preorder process has begun for real. Still not interested though.

1 Like

What I saw from the link in original post was NOT pre-order. It was a chance to donate, and because you donated now, they would give you a discount whenever they DO allow orders to be placed, as well as apply your donation toward the order.

It is essentially a pre-order if you donate $250. But in terms of legal standing, VERY distinct. You are donating the money to them, and you are getting their word that you will gain a discount. It would be bad business for them to go back on their word, but not illegal. And if they absolutely never make and release a product, there is no obligation to return any donations and no basis for a class action suit either.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Looks like the only benefit to back them then is being earlier in the queue. Assuming anything is ever delivered.

1 Like

I think the message is being displayed by accident. It still appears in the page source but the div is only displayed when I visit the site from my mobile (as I was last night). It is hidden when I visit from desktop Chrome.

I have sent them an email to let them know (although since the people donating are not likely to see anything for their money… maybe I shouldn’t have said anything!)

1 Like