Also stuck in calibration

As far as I know/could tell it was completely done. Noises had stopped, the button light had gone out, and the image was updated in the app. Thanks for the idea though!

I’m sorry you ran into trouble. I’ve taken a look at the recent images taken by the lid camera on your Glowforge, and it looks like there has been buildup of dust and residue over the course of some recent prints. When the camera lens is dirty or obstructed in this way, it may cause calibration problems.

Could you please try the following?

1. Clean your Glowforge according to these instructions
  2. After you’ve cleaned, open any design in the app
  3. Click on the gear icon and choose “Refresh bed image”
  4. Reply to this comment and let me know that you’ve cleaned and refreshed the bed image

Thank you in advance.

I did not read though all of this so if suggested ignore, this exact same thing happened on time to me, what i did was homed it all the way to the bottom left of the machine when off, then turned machine on and that fixed it, i tried under the camera like others suggested and that didn’t work just the bottom left worked.

Holy crap that worked for me! I have zero idea why that did, but maybe customer support could shed some light on it?

(Sorry for hijacking the original thread, but i figured having someone say that something worked would be useful for future people looking!)

Edit: So it worked for one cut and now the same problem is happening. Bed image isn’t updating anymore and the error below happens while the app says the Glowforge is ready to print.

Error: FATAL_PRINT_ERROR: MOTION_PLANNING_ERROR Error: Bad response from server for /api/prints VWW-997

Gave the whole machine a good wipe-down and it seems to have done the trick. When I wiped the camera lens in particular, it was very dirty, so no wonder it couldn’t figure it out.

Thanks for all the help!

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!