This is to open a ticket for the Glowforge staff to take a look at my logs, and see if they can provide insight to why my machine is suddenly stuck on centering. After multiple restarts, the head and carriage never move from where ever it starts. Here is what I’ve tried in my troubleshooting:
- I started by searching the forum and read all the other “Stuck on centering” threads.
- I’ve spent a few hours troubleshooting doing everything listed and recommended in the other threads related to this topic. A couple times it got stuck on scanning.
- I’ve restarted the Glowforge. Probably over 25 times, waiting to restart at different intervals each time.
- I’ve kept the lid open in case it was a firmware loading issue.
- I’ve centered the carriage and camera.
- I’ve checked the cable ribbon connections.
- I’ve cleaned the camera and lens.
- I’ve removed the crumb tray
- I’ve reset the wireless router. It’s 5 feet from the Glowforge. Wireless has never been an issue with any of my 4 units.
- I’ve gone through set up and connected to a mobile hotspot as an alternative wireless connection.
- I’ve restarted my computer a few times, as well as connected via an iPad.
- I did have one successful print yesterday before it died.
- This specific unit had been working flawlessly for about 9 months and hundreds of successful jobs.
The unit is on now, if you could log in and give it a little push in the right direction. Thanks
@jbmanning5 helped me by looking at the logs and found this:
2019-06-08_18:03:21.19681 67986949 ERROR: camera_peripheral: Failed to receive image after 3502 ms: MIPI_CSI_PHY_STATE=0x00000300, MIPI_CSI_ERR1=0x10000032, MIPI_CSI_ERR2=0x00000000 (src/cam_manager.cpp:412)