Amaziograph a drawing app on the ipad

:sunglasses: I first found out about it in a post in last December…

4 Likes

Haha, like I said, saw it and skipped right over it :upside_down:

1 Like

Maybe this is the right place to ask this question. I was taught this optical illusion drawing thing awhile ago and I don’t know if it has a specific name. You draw a circle, and then you put “points” on the circle at regular intervals around the edge (I’ve found every 15 degrees or so works great), and then you draw a line from each point to every other point. If you are precise, the finished product looks like half of a 3D ball with concentric circles going out from the center.

Does anyone know what this is called? Or if it even has a name?

2 Likes

Are you talking about sort of the inverse of this?

not sure what it is called…

4 Likes

I remember doing this when I should’ve been doing x-y intercepts in math class. :relaxed: - Rich

4 Likes
9 Likes

While I do those kinds of drawings as well, this is what I was trying to describe.

SO many possibilities with this, if you only connect the lines in the middle, the outside edges, middle third etc… I’m planning on making a bunch of coasters (and other things) with these kinds of designs.

9 Likes

@dwardio Yeah, that is showing the kinds of things I was hoping to do with this. I didn’t know that someone already wrote up any kind of tutorial for it already.

In a similar vein, has anyone clicked on Amaziograph’s Related tab in the app store? Some additional iPad apps that might be worth checking out…

iOrnament ($3.99) touts Apple Pencil support for those sporting an iPad Pro and 3D Touch on the newer iPhones.
https://youtu.be/yaNXcUreqCA

KaleidoPaint (freeware) GNU license, avail on iOS and Android

The list gets even longer. Type “Spirograph” in the app store search.

5 Likes

Good eye. Also, y’all. Man. I’m spending way, way too much time with these…

I think I’ve made a 60s tablecloth.

13 Likes

Wheee!

5 Likes

what do you think, dan, could you pull it off as a dress? :wink:

3 Likes

I just got an Android 6.0 Marshmallow tablet. One of the first things I tried to install on it was Adobe Capture but Google Play is telling me it’s not compatible with my device. Has anyone else seen that? Any suggestions? Thanks!

I really enjoyed looking at the various methods to draw the eclipse and the cardioid :grin:

1 Like

I just did some research and answered my own question. Adobe Capture is not currently supported on Android tablets but will hopefully be soon.

1 Like

You might try side loading the APK file. I often find that apps work just fine on unsupported devices when you do that. If I find some free time I can experiment on my end.

2 Likes

Nature gave me some inspiration this morning

24 Likes

You did an amazing job recreating the feel of nature’s original.

7 Likes

Adobe Capture is finally compatible with Android tablets! And it’s just as fascinating as you all said!

I can see this pattern showing up in some graphic design soon.

20 Likes

is anyone else still playing with this? i’m still a bit obsessed…

16 Likes